mercoledì, settembre 24, 2008

Trust

Life has been very busy over the past several weeks. The closer I get to the wedding, the more details I have to work out, but everything is going very smoothly. I can't believe how quickly time goes by. When I got engaged on Valentine's Day, November 8th sounded like an eternity away, but now I have about a month and a half left. Forty five days from one of the most life altering days of my life. I don't know when it will all sink in that this is really happening.
One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how perfectly God provides our needs in His timing. From the apartment, to Cole's new job, to my raise, to all of the details coming to place for the wedding, I'm so grateful for the blessings I've been given recently. God's timing would have still be perfect if things weren't going how I thought they should go, of course, but I'm thankful that over the past several years He has taught me a lesson that will last me a lifetime: Trust. I don't worry about my life. He has proven time and time and time again that He will be faithful. Not that it will always be easy - far from it. But He will be there guiding and sustaining me through whatever He has for me to experience. That is a lesson I'd walk through the fire 1,000 times again to learn.

1 commento:

Unknown ha detto...

trust is definitely something I struggle with on a daily basis! I am VERY headstrong... it takes way more than it should for me to trust God on a daily basis! I'm sooooo excited for you!! Your big day is quickly approaching!!!