lunedì, febbraio 09, 2009

I'm alive!

I always think that I'm going to start blogging again, but can not find the time. And sometimes when I do have time, I go to my blog, click "new post" and stare at the computer screen not knowing what to type.
My life isn't really boring, I promise, but bloggable? Probably not. Oh well!
First of all, I love being married. I really have the best husband ever. He always seems to know just the right thing to say or do to make life a little more wonderful :-) I don't feel like I've been married quite long enough for people to hear me say these things without saying "oh, just wait." I don't understand why people assume that newleyweds think that marriage will always be easy and that they should inform them otherwise.
Secondly, I love Sam. I never thought I'd be able to love a child that wasn't mine as much as I love him. I can say first hand that biblical discipline and training is doable, it works and is incredibly rewarding. Why don't more people do it? He's now 2 1/2 and loves to pretend he is hunting. He often tells me "Look, Robin, I got the big buck!" Being a nanny is definitely the best job ever :-)

I'm learning faith again, which isn't a bad thing. Sanctification is rarely fun, but I know it is worth it. I used to hope my children would have an easier life than I've had, but I don't anymore. They won't have the same circumstances that I did, but I want them to see firsthand that God is always faithful. I want them to see his grace, his justice, his love and his provision. I want them to know God.

So in all, I'm blessed. And I'm learning to see the blessings in things that don't look like such at first glance..

4 commenti:

www.clairestrebeck.com ha detto...

what a great post. welcome back, friend.

Robin ha detto...

Thanks :-) Welcome back to you, too!

Unknown ha detto...

I'm glad you're alive! I was beginning to give up on you!! My favorite I have seen of Sam is his football act! even though he is making fun of LSU, you cannot help but love it because he is soooo cute doing it!

4 J's ha detto...

Being a newlywed is awesome. I remember those times even if it were almost 11 years ago. Marriage is hard but it does not have to be dreadful as some people make it out to be. Keeping Christ the center like you guys are doing will make it much more blessed and joyful. I am glad someone loves being married as much as I do! I always love reading your blog...makes my life look normal...