venerdì, febbraio 11, 2005

"It's all in a name"...or something like that

When trying to decide what name to use for my blog, I had many thoughts.
Most of them sounded positively horrible as a name, either because they made me sound arrogant or because they sounded just plain stupid.
The scripture came to my mind:


"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

The word "wait" is used many, many times in the Bible. And of course, it has more than one meaning. I decided that the "wait" my name could fit either discription.
Waiting upon the Lord is a concept referred to often throughout scripture, specifically in Psalms, Proverbs and Isaiah.


So, I finally chose my name. One of the reasons being because it has a medieval feel (which, if you've ever read some of my writing, you'll find that I am quite attached to). For second, because I think that it portrays a concept consistent with scripture. Third, because it portrays who I am. I await many things, too many to count actually. But out of all of the things I am waiting for, the most important thing I await is the glorious return of our Lord.

Until that day, I remain,

A Maiden-In-Waiting

Nessun commento: