venerdì, aprile 01, 2005

Terri Schiavo

I have rarely (if ever) had a bad word to say about my country.
When it comes to the USA, my optimistic nature comes forth more than in normal circumstances. I'm always ready to put in the most excellent of words for our "land of the free, home of the brave." As far as I was concerned, America was just a little taste of heaven on earth....okay, so maybe not quite heaven, but everyone's got their problems, right?
But after twelve long days cruel and brutal treatment, worse than most prisoner of war treatment, when the soul of Terri Schiavo left this world, I felt as if I was the only sane person in an insane world.
She is not the first person to die by forced starvation and dehydration, nor is she the last. She is not the only one to die because she is an inconvenience, untold millions of babies can attest to that.
The holocaust of the unborn has been going on for some time, but now, it has come to the handicapped, elderly, and anyone else who is in the way.
How far we have come in 200 years...and seeing our history in extreemly fast decline of morality, I are forced to conclude that this is only the beginning
I pray for God's mercy on this country.

Nessun commento: