giovedì, settembre 29, 2005

Back to Belle Chasse...(to pack!)

Finally - it's final! We are back in Belle Chasse to pack. As soon as I entered what is home, at least for the next few weeks, I began preparing to leave it again - this time forever.
Forever is a very long time. To think of being out of this place which has been a my home for my entire life forever seems so final, so abrupt, and yes, though exciting, still a bit scary.
Being out of the house itself isn't what I find so difficult to imagine...it's leaving New Orleans.
I can hear all of you saying "How can it be difficult to leave New Orleans?!?"
Simple: It's home. I was born here, raised here, have been through all of my major joys and struggles here, and I was beginning to think that I'd die here.
The city itself is intriguing, the history is fascinating, there is no comparison to the food anywhere else on the planet (Begniets and Cafe au Lait aren't the same anywhere but Cafe du Monde!)

The friends we have here are very dear. Our church families from Berean - the church I have attended since I was six, and from the Home church in Franklinton. Also our re-enacting and musical friends. These I shall be sad to leave.

Though in one sense it shall be hard to leave, on others it shall be quite easy.
First on my list would be the wonderful families in the Houston area who have taken us in and treated us as their own. The love that they have shown to us is incredible, and their love of Christ is contagious! They truly live out what Christ said when he told his followers: "They will know you are Christians by the love you have one for another."
I am looking forward to getting to know my newly met sisters and brothers even better in the time to come.

Besides the wonderful fellowship and fun, the opportunities for studies, working as a family and being closer to extended family are also big draws.
Yes, I hear Texas calling my name! It must be in the blood...

We'll be de-cluttering and packing for the next few weeks and the plan is to be at our new home by mid to late October. The mixed emotions run strong, but trusting that this is God's will for our lives, I begin to abstain from worry and resign myself to peace!

And now I am off to bed, dear readers...unless I can't help but pack up another box!

~Robin <><
The Louisianan for a bit longer

4 commenti:

James ha detto...

Moving from one's home is hard. I've only had to do it once and I hope I never have to again. Packing's a pain in the neck too.

I'm really going to miss you guys (ya'll've been great friends), but at the same time I glad ya'll found a job that ya'll like so much and that you'll be able to work as a family.

Come and visit us a bunch, hear?

Give everyone my love.

James

Robin ha detto...

James,
Thanks for your comment. We were hoping to come to church on Sunday, but are unsure if we will be able to with the gas shortage and closed roads.
If we aren't able to make it this week, hopefully we will still be able to see y'all before we leave.
We will miss your family, and shall have to arrange a visit soon.

~Robin <><

Jessica McDonald ha detto...

We can't wait, Robin! COME BACK TO TEXAS!!!! :D We miss y'all SO much!!!

Anonimo ha detto...

YES, I AGREE. MOVING IS SO HARD TO DO. YOU LEAVE YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR FAMILY, AND YOUR HOME. A PLACE THAT YOU HAVE LIVED FOR A WHILE. YOUR HOMETOWN. BUT LOOK AT IT THIS WAY, AT LEAST YOU DON'T HAVE TO RUN EVERY TIME A HURRICAN GETS IN THE GULF. BE SAFE AND BE SURE TO CALL.

AMANDA