mercoledì, ottobre 12, 2005

What does the Bible have to say about us?

Matt 5:13
I am the salt of the earth
"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men."

Matt 5:14
I am the light of the earth
"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden."

John 1:12
I am God's child
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

John 15:1,5
I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener."
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

John 15:16
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."

1 Cor 3:16
I am God's temple
Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?

1 Cor 12:27
I am a member of Christ's body
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

2 Cor 5:17,18
I am a minister of reconciliation for God
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:

Eph 1:1
I am a saint
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus

Eph 2:6
I have been raised up and I am seated with Christ
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus

Eph 2:10
I am God's workmanship
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Phil 3:20
I am a citizen of heaven
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ

Rom 5:1
I have been justified
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

1 Cor 6:17
I am joined to the Lord and I am one spirit with Him
But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

1 Cor 6:20
I have been bought with a price. I belong to God.
You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

1 Cor 12:27
I am a member of Christ's body
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

2 Cor 5:21
I have been made righteous
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Eph 1:5
I have been adopted as God's child

He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will

Eph 2:18
I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit
For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Eph 2:19
I am of God's household
I am a fellow citizen with the rest of the saints
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household

Eph 3:12
I may approach God with boldness and confidence
In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

Col 1:14
I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins
In whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Col 2:10
I am complete in Christ
And you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.

John 1:12
I am a child of God
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

Rom 8:28
I am assured that all things work together for good
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Rom 8:35
I cannot be separated from the love of God
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?

Rom 8:1
I am free forever from condemnation
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

Rom 8:33
I am free from any condemning charges against me
Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.

2 Cor 1:21
I have been established, annointed & sealed by God
Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us

Eph 1:13,14
I have been given the Holy Spirit as a pledge, guaranteeing my inheritance to come.
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, Who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory.

Col 1:13
I have been delivered from the domain of darkness and transferred to the kingdom of Christ.
For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves

Col 3:3
I am hidden with Christ in God
For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Phil 1:6
I am confident that the good work that God has begun in me will be perfected
Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Phil 4:13
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

2 Tim 1:7
I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Heb 4:16
I can find grace and mercy in time of need
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

1 John 5:18
I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him.

Nessun commento: